DEFENDER has actively participated in the 1st ECSCI (European Cluster for Securing Critical Infrastructures) virtual workshop organized on June 24-25, 2020. ECSCI workshop gathered interdisciplinary professional communities to debate on the protection of critical infrastructures in the domains of energy, gas, finance, healthcare, air transport communications, and water. The workshop program includes keynote speeches from the EC, ENISA, and ECSO, 10 H2020 projects results presentations, roundtable and panel discussions, and thematic presentations.
DEFENDER has been represented with the following key note speakers:
- Gabriele Giunta (Engineering), DEFENDER Project Coordinator: “DEFENDER (https://defender-project.eu/): Energy infrastructure protection”
- Theodore Zahariadis (University of Athens), DEFENDER Technical Manager, “Combining cyber and physical security management for critical infrastructure protection”
- Denis Caleta (CS-Institut) , DEFENDER Dissemination Manager, “Could standardization break the silos approach in Critical Infrastructure Protection?”
The first ECSCI workshop has presented the different approaches on integrated (i.e. cyber and physical) security in seven different industrial sectors, such as energy, gas, finance, healthcare, air transport communications, and water. The peculiarities of critical infrastructure protection in each one of these sectors will be discussed and addressed by the different projects of the ECSCI cluster that will present their outcomes, discussing the technical, ethical and societal aspects and the underlying technologies.
Specifically, novel techniques will be presented for integrated security modelling, IoT security, artificial intelligence for securing critical infrastructures, distributed ledger technologies for security information sharing and increased automation for detection, prevention and mitigation measures.“
European Cluster for Securing Critical infrastructures – ECSCI is a cluster of H2020 projects for securing critical infrastructures. Its main objective is to bring about synergetic, emerging disruptive solutions to security issues via cross-projects collaboration and innovation. The cluster will research how to protect critical infrastructures and services, highlighting differences (approaches, sectors of interest, etc.) between the clustered projects and establishing tight and productive connections with closely related and complementary H2020 projects.
The cluster members are:
- FINSEC: www.finsec-project.eu
- DEFENDER: www.defender-project.eu
- ANASTACIA: www.anastacia-h2020.eu
- RESISTO: www.resistoproject.eu
- INFRASTRESS: www.infrastress.eu
- SAFECARE: www.safecare-project.eu
- STOP-IT: www.stop-it-project.eu
- SATIE: www.satie-h2020.eu
- SECUREGAS: www.securegas-project.eu
- SPHINX: www.sphinx-project.eu
The final agenda of the workshop is available at the following link